Sunday, January 16, 2011

Looking forward...

With the end of the weekend near, at the half-way point of January, I am finally starting to feel a bit more in control of everything: I am semi-caught up on cleaning for the first time in weeks, the last of the holiday decorations are put away, I cleaned out Bella's room while she is away for the weekend, and I filled a small box of items to donate to our treasured White Elephant store.

Last week's horrific events caused constant scheduling changes in our household, but also a chance to reflect on how lucky we are to have one another. I found myself telling people, with less hesitation, how much they mean to me; I hugged my kids a little tighter and played for a few more minutes or read an extra story. I stressed a little less about the clutter in the house.

Here's hoping we can all keep pace this week and "keep on keepin' on."

No comments:

Post a Comment